As a nonprofit corporation, Columbia Legal Services (CLS) is governed by its volunteer Board of Directors. Under the bylaws established by the Board of Directors, the Board must consist of attorneys, client-eligible members, and members at large. Client-eligible members are people who, at the time they become members of the Board, meet the financial eligibility criteria that CLS clients must meet to receive services; these Board members represent the client community on the Board.
Columbia Legal Services' governing documents are available upon request.
Current members of the CLS Board of Directors:
- Brenda Carlstrom lives in Hoquiam. She is a client-eligible Board member. She has been a CLS Board member since 1997 and is involved in numerous boards and activities regarding the rights of people living with disabilities. She is a member of the Hoquiam City Council and has served on several state boards and committees.
- Michael Hanbey is an attorney practicing in Olympia, WA. He has been a CLS Board member since 1996 and has been involved in many community and bar activities.
- Dolly Hunt is a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for Pend Oreille County. She is a former fellow of the Washington State Bar Association Leadership Institute.
- Naomi Kim is an attorney practicing in Tacoma, WA. She is a member of the Korean American Bar Association of Washington and has been an active member of the Volunteer Legal Services Committee of the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association.
- Cynthia Martinez is an attorney and joined the CLS Board in 2009. She works as a Senior Assistant City Attorney and the appointed City Prosecutor for the City of Yakima. Ms. Martinez supports legal aid and pro bono work in Yakima, and serves on the Board of Directors for the Yakima County Volunteer Attorney Services.”
- Carmen Mireles lives and works in Granger for Radio KDNA. She is a client-eligible Board member. She has been on the CLS Board since 2007 and has been involved with many community projects including Amigas Unidas and Radio KDNA.
- Brenda Morbauch lives in Skokomish, on the Skokomish Reservation. She is a client-eligible Board member. She has been a CLS Board member since 2007 and is involved in many civic activities.
- Michael Pontarolo is a Spokane Attorney with Delay, Curran, Thompson, Pontarolo & Walker. He is a former member of the Washington State Bar Association Board of Governors and a current member of the WSBA Rules of Professional Conduct Committee.
- Rick Potter is an attorney practicing in Vancouver, WA. He has been a CLS Board member since 1996. He has been involved in many access to justice activities, including serving on the board of Legal Aid for Washington Fund.
- Dave Savage is an attorney practicing in Pullman with Irwin, Myklebust, Savage & Brown, P.S. He is a former President of the Washington State Bar Association (WSBA) Board of Governors and, among other WSBA activities, served for several years on the Advisory Board of the WSBA Leadership Institute.
- Elizabeth Shannon lives in Seattle. She is a client-eligible Board member. She has been a CLS Board member since 2010.
- Linda Strout is an attorney and is Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Port of Seattle. She has been a CLS Board member since 2002. She is a past President of the King County Bar Association and currently serves on the King County Bar Foundation and the Seattle University Law School Alumni Board.
Last updated 3/6/2012