Dear friends of CLS,
Imagine Justice has served as our “annual event” each fall, providing a chance to connect with supporters and partners, reflect on the work of the past year, and raise funds for the work ahead. As we approach the fall of 2022, we are reimagining how the event can best serve our statewide community.
With the acknowledgment that we each come to this work from unique places – in perspective, experience, identity, comfort with gathering in person, mobility and geography – and that COVID still impacts our lives in different ways, we are excited to announce the first-ever Imagine Justice Week, September 19-23, 2022. Rather than try a “one size fits all” event, the week will offer numerous ways to connect with CLS and our greater communities, such as:
- Panel discussions with community partners working to end mass incarceration and protect immigrant equity
- In-person receptions around the state
- Virtual Visionary Award Celebration
- At-home celebration kits featuring local restaurants and small businesses
- Youth drawing contest
- Trivia, games, and prizes via social media
- Readings and author discussions
- and more!
We are inspired by the opportunity to engage with people across the state as we recommit to a Washington where we are all free.
We hope you will join us!
Development & Communications Director
P.S. Do you have feedback or ideas for Imagine Justice Week? Would your company or organization like to be a sponsor? Would you like to contribute to our matching fund for Imagine Justice donations?
We want to hear from you!